Vet visit tips #1: There is no one like you!
- No one knows your pet better than you!
- It can be scary at the vet and your pet might appreciate the comfort of having you with them
- There is a lot more information gained during a face-to-face conversation than connecting later via phone or email. It allows you to see the information such as radiographs and ask questions during a time when changes can be made.
- Care-takers, friends and other family members may not have the full information to answer all questions. Animals cannot speak so it’s up to owners to provide valuable clues that help narrow the possibilities.
- It is good to have the decision maker present when making medical and financial decisions.
- Even care instructions no matter how carefully written or retold can be lost in translation. Also if something cannot be done like apply ear medications, let us know and come up with some sort of solution.