This global pandemic has obviously cooped most of us in our homes! For some of us, working from home can be quite a unique experience. But guess who else is just as lost and confused with this change? Your pet! Let’s dive into some simple ways we can survive this quarantine with our dogs:
1. Puzzle ‘em:
Box puzzle, if you have empty cardboard boxes, hide their favorite treats in these boxes, scatter them around your house and send your dog on a hunt!
2. Indulge your pet:
Bake Easter Egg Dog Treats!
- 1 cup – creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup – chicken liver dust (You can also simply crush your pet’s favorite treats into crumbs)
- 1 cup – Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- Egg-shaped silicone mold (Can also use mini cupcake mold)
- Whisk all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1-1 ½ minutes or until completely melted. Remove from microwave and stir well.
- Put the mixture into the mold, filling almost to the top.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours or until hardened.
- Once ready top them with a dollop of pureed pumpkin and whipped cream.
- Keep refrigerated as they can melt easily.
Viola! Quick and easy homemade treats for your furry colleague! Be sure to feed in moderation.
3. Sock and Roll
If your pooch loves your socks, get 4 or 5 sock singles that you don’t really care about – put a treat or a dollop of peanut butter in each sock and tie them all together in a knot and freeze for a few hours Tadaaa!!
4. Hide & Seek
Can never go wrong with a good old game of hide and seek. Treat your pet every time they find you!
5. Obstacle course
Build your own obstacle course and train your dog through it! It is hard to say if your pup will score high, but it will be a fun evening for all.
6. Blow ‘bacon-flavored’ bubbles
Dogs love hopping around trying to catch bubbles, but turn it up a notch. Add pet-safe bacon flavoring to your bubble solution!
If you are blessed enough to have a yard, take some of these activities outdoors, box puzzle, hide and seek and of course the classic – FETCH!
8. Pet spa day
If your pet likes water, give your pet a spa day, heck! maybe experiment with their hairdos! :’D